JDE ExtractJdeExtract is an external program that can read specifications of EnterpriseOne objects and export them to text files. Unlike standard ER print, this tool supports tables, views, data structures, data dictionary items and UDCs apart from reports and applications. The exported ERs contain more information than the standard ER print, for example the aliases of variables, used indexes of table I/O, object and data structure names for BSFN calls and much more.
The following list mentions what major types of information are exported for each object type:
- TBLE - list of table columns incl. their data types, list of indexes, ERs
- BSVW - list of tables, joins and columns
- DSTR - list of variables with data types, I/O flags
- PO DSTR - list of variables with data types, all comments
- APPL - application properties, forms with properties, form controls with data types and properties, ERs
- UBE - report properties, sections with properties, selections and sequencings, report variables and constants with properties, ERs
- Version - main information about version, version overrides
- DD - information about DD items
- UDC - settings and all the values
The extract can be run by objects, OMW projects or other criteria. Not only the program exports the Event Rules but it can also identify several types of issues in the Event Rules, these are clearly marked in the code. Also user can define custom alerts using search strings.
Why should we use the program?
- for documentation purposes
- for quality assurance check of the development
- during upgrades to be able to compare objects in the old and new system
- to identify issues in the development